At some point in time, you will have to fix issues on your concrete pavers. The most common issues are chipped, broken, or sunken pavers. You may also be dealing with missing, stained, or dislodged pavers. There are also cases where weeds grow between pavers. All these are issues that require a paver restoration. At times, to get the best results, you may have to employ the services of a paver restoration company. With this option, you will get a team that is experienced, trained, and equipped to deal with all manner of paver problems. The results will definitely be more attractive and long-lasting.
More often than not, when working with a paver restoration company you will be advised to get your pavers sealed. While this will cost extra and require annual maintenance, the benefits you will enjoy will be amazing. The key benefits of getting your pavers sealed by an experienced paver include the following:
- Protection from fading. Paver sealers protect the pavers from weathering that is caused by UV rays.
- Enhanced colors. Sealers work as varnishes. They draw the colors out to create better visual interests.
- Stabilize the interlocking joint sand.
- Make pavers easier to clean. The sealer makes pavers less porous. This means they limit stains.
These are just some of the benefits of getting pavers sealed. However, to enjoy these and more benefits, the sealer has to be applied correctly. There are a couple of steps you should take when sealing pavers in order to get the best results. They include the following:
- Ensure the surface is dry. This means you should not seal your pavers on a rainy day. The sealer needs at least 24 hours to cure.
- If you seal over debris and stains, the results will not be as attractive. Clean the pavers properly before getting them sealed. Take care not to blast the sand out from between the paver joints.
- Remove weeds that may be growing between the pavers.
- Restore damaged pavers.
- Apply the sealer using a low-pressure sprayer. The sealer should cover the whole surface of the driveway, patio, etc.
- Use a squeegee to direct materials into the joints and then remove excess material from the surface.
- Don’t walk on the sealed pavers for at least two hours.
- Keep off the paver for at least 24 hours to ensure it dries completely.
To maintain the high quality of the material, you should seal the pavers periodically. The sealer can be reapplied once every 3 to 5 years. If you are not sure what needs to be done during the installation, leave the work to a reputable paver restoration company in San Diego. They will not only use the best sealer but also ensure the work is done perfectly.