Effective Date: October 28, 2020
This notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how (“we” or “us”) collect, use, share, or retain personal information that you provide to us, or that we collect, when you use our website located at www.paversaverofsd.com, www.pavingstoneofsandiego.com and other websites owned or controlled by us (the “Sites”) or related mobile applications, use products and services and complete related forms, or communicate with one of our customer service representatives (“Personal Data”).
Please note that if you disagree with anything in this Privacy Notice, you must not use the Sites or mobile applications, or provide personal information to us in connection with ’s products or services.
This policy applies to all information that we collect about you when you use websites.
- use products or services and complete related forms or communicate with one of our customer service representatives.
Our Sites may contain links to third-party websites. These third-party websites and services are not related to us and may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices. We have no responsibility for these websites or their privacy practices and encourage you to read the privacy policies of all websites you visit.
- Information We Collect
We collect personal information when you interact with our Services.
You provide data to us when you:
- Fill out one of our online forms(s)
- Download certain publications or materials which are offered for free
- Communicate with staff and provide information to us, such as your email address.
We may record your visits and use of our services.
We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your device, your activities on our site and your location as described in our Cookie Notice.
Third parties such as your employer, our training partners or companies controlled by, may share your data with us.
We may collect data about you when you use our services on social media.
We use third party payment processors who fully comply with PCI requirements. As such, your online payment data is not captured, stored or used by us.
We collect personal information when you interact with our Services. Personal information is data that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly or to contact you including, but not limited to, your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. This policy does not apply to anonymized information as it cannot be used to identify you. The types of personal information that we may collect about you include, but are not limited to, information you provide to us, information from third parties, and information collected automatically about your use of our Services.
- Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us
- Contact Forms and other information. If you provide your personal information to us through a contact form or any other means of any Site, you will be required to provide certain information as part of the process. This information may include your first and last name, email address, and business or home address. We may also request that you voluntarily provide other information, such as your phone number, website address, area of inquiry or other items of information. We use this information to communicate with you, to provide information to you that we believe would be of interest to you, and to ensure that we will not violate any applicable requirements in providing you access to our Services.
- Publications. We may offer various publications and materials through our Sites. Some of these publications and materials are publicly accessible, and others may require that you create an account and subscribe to receive these publications and materials. If you submit information for this purpose, you will be required to provide certain information, which may include your first and last name, email address, business or home address and professional information for purposes of fulfilling your request to receive our publications.
- Communications. If you communicate or correspond with us by email, through postal mail, via telephone or through other forms of communication, including our customer service center, we may collect the information you provide as part of those communications. For example, if you correspond with us through email, we may collect and store the email address you use to send the applicable correspondence and use it to respond to your inquiry; to notify you of conferences, publications, or other services; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and similar purposes. We have a legitimate interest in processing the personal information of those who communicate voluntarily with us so that we can provide our Services.
- Information We Automatically Collect. As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your device (computer, tablet, smart phone) and your activities, including:
- If you access the Services through a computer, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address, mobile device advertising identifier, Media Access Control (MAC) address pages you have visited, type of device, operating system name and version, device manufacturer, browser information (type, version), screen resolution, Internet service provider or mobile carrier’s name, connection speed and connection type, date stamp, URL of the last webpage visited before visiting our Platform, and URL of the first page visited after leaving our Platform, pages viewed, time spent on a page, click through, clickstream data, queries made, search results selected, comments made, search history, type of service requested, purchases made, and information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies. For more information on the tracking technology we use, please see our Cookie Notice , which describes the cookies used on our Sites and provides information on how users can control the information they process.
- If you access the Services through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. We use your location information (if shared) to identify the geographic locations from which our content is accessed so that we can better understand what content topics may be most relevant in that region, and to our members generally, and to develop resources around those content topics. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
We rely on our legitimate interest in understanding how our visitors and potential customers use our website in processing personal information in this way. Such processing assists us in providing more relevant products and services to our members, and with providing value to our sponsors.
- Why We Collect Your Information
We use your data to provide our services to you, respond to you, advise you of other services, and to personalize your experience.
We will only use your information as described in this Notice or as disclosed to you prior to such processing taking place.
- To Provide and Maintain our Services. We will use your personal information to provide information or deliver Services that you request and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Sites and Services when you choose to do so. For example, we process your personal information to provide quotes and other services to you, including order processing.
- To Provide Customer Support or Respond to You. We collect any information that you provide to us when you contact us, such as with questions, concerns, feedback, disputes or issues. Without your personal information, we cannot respond to you.
- To Personalize Your Experience. We may also use your personal information to tailor your experience at our Sites, to compile and display content and information that we think you might be interested in, and to provide you with content according to these preferences. We may also use this information to help us understand your needs and interests, and to better tailor our products and services to meet your needs.
- To Send You Marketing and Promotional Emails. We may use your personal information we collect from you and third-party sources to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you, to deliver targeted and relevant advertising and marketing to you, and to promote our Services. Our marketing will be conducted in accordance with your advertising / marketing preferences and as permitted by applicable law.
- For Research and Development. We may use your information to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services and to detect, prevent and address technical issues. We may also use your information to monitor the usage of our Site including without limitation search terms entered, pages visited and documents viewed.
- For Security Reasons. We may use personal information to help monitor, prevent and detect fraud, enhance security, monitor and verify identity or access, or security risks.
- To Post Testimonials. We may use personal information to post testimonials on our Sites. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. You can request your testimonial be updated or deleted at any time by sending a request with your name, testimonial location and contact information.
- Other Legitimate Business Purpose. We may use your personal information when it is necessary for other legitimate purposes such as protecting our confidential and proprietary information.
- How We Share Your Information
We share your data only with those who need access or those to whom you have provided consent.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our suppliers, subcontractors, and other third parties who provide services to us (collectively “service providers”) in connection with advertising, hosting, data analytics, information technology and infrastructure, email delivery, auditing, exam-testing, training providers and other related activities, vendors or third parties who deliver or provide goods and services or otherwise act on our behalf of or at our direction. Our service providers are given only the information they need to perform their designated functions and are prohibited from using the information we provide them for their own purposes.
- Business Partners and Sponsors. From time to time, we may engage in joint sales or product promotions with selected business partners. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product, promotion or service, we may share relevant personal information with those partners. If you are an event attendee, speaker, or sponsor, certain items of your information may be included in the event roster, which may also be shared with third-party event sponsors and exhibitors and publicly disclosed, subject to the applicable law. While we do not control our business partners’ use of such information, we do take appropriate steps to ensure that they use appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information. Our partners and sponsors are responsible for managing their own use of the personal information collected in these circumstances, including providing information to you about how they use your personal information. We recommend you review the privacy policies of the relevant partner to find out more about their handling of your personal information. Where we do share your personal information with third parties, takes steps to ensure that they use appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information.
- Compliance with Laws or Regulatory Body. We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (i) required to do so by law or regulation, or in response to a subpoena or court order or any other enforceable governmental request or order; (ii) we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (iii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
- Information Security
We take reasonable measures to ensure your data is safe.
We take reasonable measures to protect any personal information we may hold in order to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. In some areas of our platforms, we may use encryption technologies to enhance data privacy and help prevent loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under ’s control.
We cannot guarantee, however, that all information will remain secure. The Internet by its nature is a public forum. We encourage you to use caution when disclosing information online. Often, you are in the best situation to protect yourself online.
- Data Retention
We retain your information according to applicable laws and store it securely.
When we have no justifiable business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- Your Choices and Privacy Rights
You have choices on how we communicate with you.
Listed below are choices we provide you in relation to the processing of your personal information.
- Marketing Communications. If you receive commercial electronic communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the receipt of future commercial electronic communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications, and submitting an opt-out request. Please note that even though you have opt-out of receiving marketing-related communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt out from receiving these messages.
- Access and Correction. You have the right to review and correct personal information that we have collected from you. You may exercise this right by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to implement your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We reserve the right to refuse to act on a request that is manifestly unfounded or excessive (for example because it is repetitive) and/or to charge a fee that takes into account the administrative costs for providing the information or taking the action requested.
- California Residents. This section applies only to California residents.
- under the age of 18, and you are registered visitor of a Site, you may request that we remove content or information that you posted on the Site or stored on our servers, by submitting a request in writing as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below, and clearly identifying the content or information that you wish to have removed, and providing sufficient information to allow us to locate the content or information to be removed.
- Your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
We do not collect data from children.
We do not knowingly collect personal information data from persons under the age of 16. If you are a parent of a child under 16, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about him or herself, please contact us via the information in the Contact section below.